Wednesday, September 28, 2016

More Templating, Corner Sections and Fitting

This dungeon diorama project is turning into an exciting puzzle.  One by one all the pieces are falling into place as one idea builds on to another.  For now I am just working on a generic dungeon design in which all the walls and flooring will be the same.

My latest addition to the set I have been working on is a corner piece.  This section can be used to help form a room and a corner for the intersection of a corridor.  



Just like the room wall section, I had to do another set of templates so that the arch would embellish the corner.  



Instead of mitering two wall sections, like a picture frame, I decided to cut one wall shorter so they could fit the corner of the floor tile.  As usual more carving is required to detail this section and that is half the fun.  


Here is the corner piece with the walls glued down to the floor section.  I had to wait for sections to cure before I could attach the archway pieces.  



And here it is with everything in place. I did my best to line everything up and for the most part the block lines came close.











Although I am ok with the flooring being slightly warped and flat, I am not satisfied with the seams between the walls.  I know its modular, however, I think I can find a way to hide it with some more material.





No comments:

Post a Comment